Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First Gaming PC

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SLIPPS

SLIPPS

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:40 AM

Good day fellow computer enthusiasts, I am new to computer builds, and I am planning on building my first Gaming Computer and have gotten advice from some colleagues on what to buy. This is what they said:

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.20-3.60Ghz 6-Core Processor

GPU:
Gigabyte RX580 8GB

Motherboard:
MSI 350M Bazooka

RAM:
DDR4 KINGSTON 16GB 2400 hyper-x

HDD:
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EZEX

PSU:
Seasonic S12II 520W 80PLUS Bronze

CASE:
Tecware F3 Mini Tower Gaming Case usb3.0

What's best for this build? My budget is $1000, do I get my money's worth? Can it run games like CSGO, Witcher, Crysis maybe?

Thank you!

Edited by SLIPPS, 03 December 2017 - 10:28 PM.
Moved from 'Computer gaming' to 'Advice on building a new computer'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sanaafreen

sanaafreen

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:27 AM

Hi,

Ohh that's great.

I have found one good article for you related to gaming laptops: https://bestpriceon.in/byte/laptops-specifications-features-price/

Just check it once, I think it will help you get some more ideas about the gaming laptop configurations.

#3 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,351 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:41 AM

That desktop looks pretty OK to me.

#4 RecursiveNerd

RecursiveNerd

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:43 AM

Make sure you include the cost of your OS when figuring out a budget.

If you're looking for moderate upgrades, I would suggest adding an SSD for performance and overall snappiness, using the WD Blue as file storage.

#5 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,800 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:54 PM

Good setup, never heard of that case though.

Where are you located?

Not asking of a home address but what part of the world are you in?

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#6 SLIPPS

SLIPPS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:55 AM

Hi,

Ohh that's great.

I have found one good article for you related to gaming laptops: https://bestpriceon.in/byte/laptops-specifications-features-price/

Just check it once, I think it will help you get some more ideas about the gaming laptop configurations.

Thank you for the suggestion, and I'll surely use this if ever I get my self a laptop config., right now I'm working my desktop build. 

If you're looking for moderate upgrades, I would suggest adding an SSD for performance and overall snappiness, using the WD Blue as file storage.

What would the SSD do that the WD can't? Other than it's smaller space for faster bootups, etc. (Just asking since I'm unsure what each can benefit)

Where are you located?

The case is pretty good, fits my set up and compatible with the parts I have. 

I can be found in the Philippines, Southeast Asia so it's different from the Western countries PC's and pricing. 

#7 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,800 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:52 AM

Thats cool then.

In any case good setup, its a good system for gaming and even content creation.

The Ryzen 5 1600 is a well balanced processor, the Gigabyte RX580 is a great GPU (though hopefully you  found one for its MSRP) and the rest looks great.

How much is the Gigabyte RX580? want to make sure its going to be good for your budget, cryptomining really made those cards skyrocket so want to make sure you will get a good deal.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#8 RecursiveNerd

RecursiveNerd

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:49 AM

Hi,

Ohh that's great.

Thank you for the suggestion, and I'll surely use this if ever I get my self a laptop config., right now I'm working my desktop build. 

What would the SSD do that the WD can't? Other than it's smaller space for faster bootups, etc. (Just asking since I'm unsure what each can benefit)

Where are you located?

The case is pretty good, fits my set up and compatible with the parts I have. 

I can be found in the Philippines, Southeast Asia so it's different from the Western countries PC's and pricing. 

An SSD is just overall much faster than a standard HDD. You'll notice boot times are faster, applications open quicker, and your system will be much more responsive.

Something like this would do fine for OS and programs: https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-BX300-240GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B0742BC3DQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1512485097&sr=1-6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users