Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another try that has been just as bad as before

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Harry121

Harry121

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:31 AM

Hi all I stopped using the site for a while but decided to give it another go as it was the best before all the nonsence. but after trying a few apps out and seeing a select few spam the forum with the same thing I am disappointed.

I will keep this short and try not be too negative as dont want to put anyone who finds this site useful to be put off by what I think.

Now its 2 things and the first is the downloads, not all of them but most are old and not updated or supoorted any longer and a lot do not fully work or have some issues and just why are they still being listed here? 

Simple System Tweaker from 2015 that does not even fully work on win 7 never mind 10, just what isw the point of it still being listed in dwonloads? cant you guys remove/replace it? just why have an outdated app that dont fully work on a site that was once the best place to come for apps and advice? 

combofix lol again why as it causes more problems than it fixes and is so out of date while windows updates and changes weekly meaning it does not fully work and causes so much hassle much like farbar does but farbar is a lot better but even with that omg you would be best just reinstall windows as you will need to after using this.

I just do not understand why these apps are on here..... apps like MWB CCleaner adwcleaner are all amazing apps and you should be putting more apps like them up as could list many that would help people. Just please update the downloads section and get rid of outdated apps. It just seems like you guys are happy posting ransomwhare apps and while they are good anyone with sence wont need them as will have their system locked down already but for most I do understand that the ransomwhare apps listed recent are very good and did try a few out and is nice easy way to harden  system without going into settings and doing it manual.

Ok now the second thing is this and please understand that I am part of many fofurms like this so I see the good and the bad and while its my opinion for most part its not happening anywhere else so should not be here. What is happening bad here and not other places you will be thinking? the select few members who copy past replies and its always the same thing every time "scan with this this and this and post" and  while it is a good system to get the info you need to help its all being done by a select few who think they are teh help bot :P I mean just check  when people post saying maybe infected and its the same few ppl posting a premade post thats edited slightly and not even interested in helping or finding out what the problem is. Making the same copy pasted post over and over again is not helping much and should be left to the help bot and not just spammed with the same thing like they are helping (you bunch of help bot wannabees :P) just stop it and make a post each time like you are actually interested in what people are posting and not just spamming the same pre done thing!!! :)

I have tried to not be too negative and only saying about these two things as I want to make things better here and not saying this is bad forum/site as far from it just its not as amazing as it was for me anyway.

Thank you for reading and letting me have my say. Take care all :) will be around reading mostly but will try post some if have time thnx all :) and to the guy who started this and keeps it going as you have made it possible for me to post here today so good work as for the help bot wannabees leave it to the bot and do what I do and make big long random posts that are both bizzare and funny well a lot more funny than the apps from 2010 lol

smashed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!  this post just hit you for 9999999999999 dps next time duck :P or use a personal defence cooldown aka a PDC or you will get as much damage as combofix did to your pc :P and I would click the share with twitter link but I donnt it Twitter could handle someone of my calibre. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:37 AM

When you consider that this site is completely free, I think that anyone complaining is an idiot.

#3 Harry121

Harry121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:02 AM

When you consider that this site is completely free, I think that anyone complaining is an idiot.

when you read my post you will see that its in jest and am only pointing out some things to make it better. Calling someone an idiot after they have took the time to post some things that could be done better is not something I wouldn't do as ithas no bearing what so ever on this topic and has no place on a help forum but thnx :)

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:20 AM

I've noticed a little bit the same things you've posted about.

A few downloads can be rather caustic -- hence, the advice to let a BC staff tech walk one through such utilities -- combofix for sure.

The reason many posts indicate, for example, MiniToolBox and Speccy running, saving logs, posting needed log pieces:

many many of the problems posted here in BC need to be defined a lot more before workable solution sets can be offered.

BC is rich in resources!  Folks who have knowledge and experience, downloads galore, and on the good list goes  :)

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,477 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:22 AM

If that was true, which it is not true, then why is there a suggestion box in BC?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#6 Harry121

Harry121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:58 AM

I've noticed a little bit the same things you've posted about.

A few downloads can be rather caustic -- hence, the advice to let a BC staff tech walk one through such utilities -- combofix for sure.

The reason many posts indicate, for example, MiniToolBox and Speccy running, saving logs, posting needed log pieces:

many many of the problems posted here in BC need to be defined a lot more before workable solution sets can be offered.

BC is rich in resources!  Folks who have knowledge and experience, downloads galore, and on the good list goes  :)

I agree with most of what you said here. BC is deffo one of the better sites online and always active with members who are very CSI with the logs and while a lot of the time its a false alarm its best to be sure and on here there is a big interest in going threw teh data and check check checking. I know the topic title is a bit missleading as if I am not happy with BC but being honest now I only stop checking on here as I tried everything and read a lot and come back when I need to know and check more.

The main point I am getting at is exactly what you have posted suggestions to make things better, I just post it in a joking kind of way hehe

Talking about suggestions I was looking for the like post button so could like your post but there is no like button and its something that could be good and easy to add to forums as sometimes people dont have time to post but can like posts to show their support for suggestions and advice by just clicking. I know some may not like the like button as it reminds them of FB but its easy ignored by anyone who does not appreciate it :)

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,477 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:52 AM

There are pros and cons to like/unlike, rate, buttons.  Even in my college cafe, I tried to minimize if not eliminate the built-in rating system.  It appears BC is desiring to not highlight the contrast between the Hitlers and the BC staff:

Hitler and a few others in History brilliantly and loudly proclaimed some of the dumbest, dangerous ideas on this planet

BC staff quietly and calmly posts some of the best, workable, ideas and solutions on The 'Net

My hyberbole notwithstanding, BC would rather concentrate on defining and solving problems  :)

#8 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:43 PM

Having been servicing computers since their inception, I find the site very helpful.  The users who direct others to different sites to download diagnostics is okay for most but it is overwhelming to the beginners.  Go here, download this, run this and post results here.  A bit daunting.  It is good to have all the tutorials, but most looking for solutions bypass them and ask in the appropriate topic.  This can be trouble when the tutorial would have directed them to the fault and all they get from other members is their take on the error, a bit like a shot in the dark for most responders.  Downloading anything these days has become hit and miss, corrupted downloads have left users with unusable units afterwards.  Whether an app, program or system update, things often go bad.  Users who chastise others for their responses should be banned, no need for clowns of flamers.  If I ask for a solution to a problem, I seldom take one solution and run with it, I'll take in all the responses and systematically try each in turn.  Viruses and malware seem to be the  reason most users come to BC and they should follow the guides provided.  There are a few hardware things to be done to stop an infection but often requires opening the unit which most users will baulk at.  BC, keep up the good work.

#9 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Location:This tiny speck in the universe somewhere in the middle of time.
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

A quaint little quicky:::::::: Please keep the older apps or rather, programs FOR COMPUTERS! (can't stand mobile toys) that have proven themselves over time good track record and all that you know what I mean, demonstrated welcome additions to secure fortress systems blah blah etc., they are priceless to some.

Edited by PerspectiveObjective, 03 December 2017 - 01:57 PM.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#10 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:49 PM

I think it is necessary to remember that there are still a lot of people running relatively older computers and they need support as well. Perhaps more ? 

Also, a lot of people who come to BC for help are relatively ignorant about how a computer works and have little idea how to fix it if it goes wrong. For these members it is a blessing that many other members on BC are willing to take them by the hand and lead them to a solution, and diagnosing problems on a computer that may be on the other side of the world is not the easiest thing in the business. Yes, there is an element of copy/pasting, and the odd member takes it to extremes, but, for example, we ask that when posting about a problem at a minimum that you give us the make and model of your computer. Since at least 50% cannot manage this is it any surprise that you see repeated requests for Speccy reports ?  I can remember one topic I was involved in when we had got to #8 before it was established that the computer was a desktop and not a laptop.

As for things like a 'Like' button, this has been raised before and Grinler - the site owner - and the admin staff are against it so it is not going to happen !  I happen to agree with them.

Chris Cosgrove

#11 Harry121

Harry121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

I think it is necessary to remember that there are still a lot of people running relatively older computers and they need support as well. Perhaps more ? 

Also, a lot of people who come to BC for help are relatively ignorant about how a computer works and have little idea how to fix it if it goes wrong. For these members it is a blessing that many other members on BC are willing to take them by the hand and lead them to a solution, and diagnosing problems on a computer that may be on the other side of the world is not the easiest thing in the business. Yes, there is an element of copy/pasting, and the odd member takes it to extremes, but, for example, we ask that when posting about a problem at a minimum that you give us the make and model of your computer. Since at least 50% cannot manage this is it any surprise that you see repeated requests for Speccy reports ?  I can remember one topic I was involved in when we had got to #8 before it was established that the computer was a desktop and not a laptop.

As for things like a 'Like' button, this has been raised before and Grinler - the site owner - and the admin staff are against it so it is not going to happen !  I happen to agree with them.

Chris Cosgrove

Yes I agree a lot do still run older systems and that cant just be changed as of money etc but  some of these apps dont even fully work on win 7 and there are alternative programmes that can be used that will work on their system and windows 10 but I do understand that swapping out apps people here like would not be good  but I do feel that some of the downloads at least should be looked at and changed for more updated alternatives. that have at least some support. is a catch 22 situation. but no harm in us discussing it and as this place is doing a lot better than most sites like this it would be silly to start changing a lot of things.and as for a lot of people being not too tech savey and you guys having a system to deal with the vast amount of people posting for help and people come back and back its obviously working for the most part so again chainging things when people keep coming back  for help would maybe not be a good thing to start change things.

Shame about the like button but no big deal. One thing I am certain of about this place is that its got  a lot of people with just the right attitude and so many discussions  and variety of opinion sand not just one group who in the right and its very democratic  and not many place  are like that as admin and staff usually use that to make their pinions being heard and am impressed by that the most, its good people who understand that discusions and opinions from all is better than a few just having their say. 

This is a help forum but also a community of good people and that will have  people coming back time and time agan.

Thank you for your input Chris  :) has been a pleasure :)

#12 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,477 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

BC does a great job on many things -- for example...  "...Simple System Tweaker from 2015..." Several here would suggest there are stronger more advanced tweakers that will work on Windows 7 as well as versions of the past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users