Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mouse Cursor "jammed"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oldLearner57

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 25 September 2006 - 11:38 AM

hello community

I experienced many x that whenever I booted up my XP Pro Win, the mouse cursor was OK, but whenever I opened up an application, example Excel 2003, the cursor just would not move at all. Can community please help to explain to me, what can cause the Mouse not "wanting" to respond?

Is it because a) Mouse connection not good
:thumbsup: Mouse driver not compatible with OS (currently my Mouse is those Plug N Play type)
c) something is not right with my OS ?

currently I am using the optical mouse. Is there any differences between the optical mouse (wired) and those with a roller ball ?

thanks community with help rendered and much appreciated :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:46 PM

Hey Welcome to BleepingComputer...

There is one definite difference between a roller ball mouse and an optical mouse, you do not have to clean the mouse ball.<G> Actually they are better in a long way.

There can be a lot of reasons your mouse can be hesitating or waiting to move. The system could be overloaded and it might be delaying the mouse to the mouse could be defective. If you have another mouse it does not matter if it is a roller mouse please shut down the computer and try the other mouse and see if it hesitates, if it does not then shut down the computer and switch the mouse around so the optical mouse is on board and then reboot and try it.

Also what might be handy is what kind and model number is the optical mouse? It might need a driver installed. Go to the manufacturers web site and download a new updated driver and install it.

Also you might want to turn your mouse upside down and see if the red light is not obstructed in any way. I had a friend that had a problem and it turned out his kid put the mouse down on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The kid must have thought the mouse was hungry.<G> If the mouse is dirty in some way turn off the computer and clean the bottom with a soft cotton cloth, q-tip and alcohol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users