Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NOT another simple error code 0xc000000e

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Diegomart

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

Hi, I recently bought a ssd for my laptop hp and installed Windows 10 on it. It run well. Then I received a request to update the OS to a newer version. During that process, there were a energy shut down and after turning The laptop back on again I received the error code 0xc000000e. I read everywhere that I can solve it by booting from the USB Bootable OS again. The problem is that f8 is not working. I can see the blue dark screen and an instruction to press F8 to troubleshoot. But everytime I press it the blue screen just flash in/out and nothing happens. It does not respond with any button. So I can not access to the troubleshooting options (restore, command prompt etc). The bios is correctly set up. Something I did and might have triggered this condition (f8 not responding) is that I formatted the ssd after the first time I saw the error code 0xc000000e, so there is no OS inside. How can I use the system restore option is there is no system ( cuz I stupidly format my ssd) <- that's my thought...

could you help me guys? Vid is attached

Edited by Diegomart, 02 December 2017 - 02:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Diegomart

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:25 PM

Maybe installing on my SSD Windows 10 again using another laptop and them come back to this one and restore it?

#3 britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,516 posts
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

The video is not attached.   What would really help for starters is a Speccy system snapshot since you say you can get the system to boot.  Here are the instructions:

Using Piriform’s Speccy to Collect Your Computer’s Hardware & Software Specifications

1.  Go to the Piriform Speccy Download Page and download the program.

2.  Run the installer you’ve just downloaded, and when you reach the end, uncheck the View Release Notes checkbox, then activate the Run Speccy button.  You will be presented the Speccy Main Window:

3.  From the File Menu, activate the “Publish Snapshot” item (or press ALT+F,U):

4.  You will now be presented with the Publish Snapshot Dialog:

You will, of course, activate the Yes button.

5.  Finally, you will be presented with the Snapshot URL Dialog:

on which you will activate the Copy to Clipboard button so that you will have the snapshot web address to paste into your message.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users