Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Desktop Screen Flickering After Automatic Update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 corvust

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:43 AM

HP 550 updated and since then I can't do anything with the cursor. The log in screen was static as usual, and allowed me to enter my password, then the desktop loads and flickers every second between plain black screen, desktop, then desktop with my icons. The cursor will move around the screen but I cannot select the window at the bottom left to select any programmes or anything. The cursor is the blue circle not the arrow. I've turned it off twice and same result each time. What can I do? I found a few similar problems asking for windows update to be run and anti-virus to be removed, but I can't do that without the cursor being functional. PC is exactly a year old, but was completely unused for 10 of those months as I was abroad and using my Mac. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,123 posts
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:29 AM

See if you can enter Safe Mode using Method 2. Press shift and reboot and the Sign in Screen.

In Safe Mode uninstall your last update.

If the update was to the Fall Creator's Update you can revert to the previous build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users