Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving a file into Temporary internet files

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sciencyBoi

sciencyBoi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:52 AM

Hi!

I saved a site which requires activeX (thus only IE) locally to access it offline (I don't have access to internet all the time). Now, this site requires a file to be pulled (a plain txt file) off the internet.

The file's name is blist.txt and while the browser pulls it from the internet it is appended with "?time=2017125" (depending on the time I access the page)

However, if the browser has just been opened, the file gets stored in the cache and I don't have a problem accessing it offline, but the appended part changes each hour, and after an hour file in the cache becomes useless.

What I've tried;

1. Directly Copying to cache folder : The file cannot be directly copied to the cache folderspecially with "?time=..." appended to the file name. (or is there a way?)

2. Using the browser to get the files in cache: I tried loading the file directly with the address bar (with the appended part) which then gets stored in the cache but with the url of the file (http://localhost/.....)

Now when I open my saved webpage it does not recognize the file (I believe due to the changed url).

I cannot get any topic even similar by searching on the internet.

Is there a way to get around this problem? Maybe change the url of the file in the cache? Or a way to get the file in the cache with the appended part? consider me a rookie. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You very much.

Edited by sciencyBoi, 02 December 2017 - 08:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users