Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen keeps showing a "past screen" when I open any program...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xfreakazoidx

xfreakazoidx

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:44 AM

I have Win 7 (64). My rig is just 11 months old now. So everything is still newish. 

So very short version is when I go to start any program my screen will be replaced by what my screen looked like earlier in the day. Sort of like a screenshot in time, I can't click anything mind you. Although I can move my cursor. It only does it for about 5 seconds then returns to my current screen.  (link to screen before/after below so you can see what I mean).

Since this happened I've replaced my monitor, video card, motherboard and power supply. Doesn't seem to fix it. I've ran virus scans using things like Malwarebytes, Spybot and MSE. Nothing turned up. This only leaves my CPU or RAM. Do you think its either of those? Or maybe the hard drive? 

I can tell you when I check the SMART/Health of my hard drives they are all at 95%-100%. No errors turn up. And ram wise I did run some memory test when you restart windows, I let it run for about an hour but nothing turned up. So not sure what else to do. I realize reformatting is an option, but I want to make sure its not hardware related or some easy fix first before going the reformat route. Just because its a pain.

Though if I had to can I just reinstall windows over itself so that I don't lose anything? Again, this is a last ditch thing if I have no other choice and its not my hardware. 

Screenshot of what happens:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users