Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow internet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ronniv

ronniv

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:42 PM

I am exprience slow internet problems.  I contacted my IP, Peoplepc, and the tech advised me the internet speed showed as it should, 3mbps download.  Any explanation, then, why it is so slow?  Any suggestions are appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:39 PM

Run this test and report back your findings;

http://beta.speedtest.net/

3 mbps is awfully slow, but you need to really see what you get. Is this a wired connection to your PC or wireless?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 ronniv

ronniv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

I ran the test and download was 1.30mbps, didn't get an upload speed.  My connection is wired.  It got better after I contacted my IP.  I know 3.0 is slow but that is all I seem to be able to get where I am located.

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:02 PM

I would unplug the router from the wall for about 5 minutes (the electricity) and then let the router restart. This might take about 10 minutes. Then restart your computer and then run the test again.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

Hi, if the ISP said all you can expect is 3 then there is nothing we can do about it. You need to find a better service provider, if possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users