Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PCPartPicker

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:54 PM

I noticed that their is a "Buy"  tab on PCPartPicker, does that mean that I can buy parts on their site.

Providing that I have an account with that webstore, such as amazon etc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,455 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

Hi CyberSec_ET,

Looking at the PCPartPicker website, I do not see a tab showing to buy anything from them: https://pcpartpicker.com/about/

If you find an item and click Add, then take the next step and click buy, you might find more than one source to purchase from. Once you select the source you want to purchase from, you'll be redirected to their website. (That's what I experienced)

Note: Self edit to add the above ^

This is their service:

<-snip>

PCPartPicker provides computer part selection, compatibility, and pricing guidance for do-it-yourself computer builders. Assemble your virtual part lists with PCPartPicker and we'll provide compatibility guidance with up-to-date pricing from dozens of the most popular online retailers. We make it easy to share your part list with others, and our community forums provide a great place to discuss ideas and solicit feedback.

Edited by softeyes, 01 December 2017 - 02:33 PM.

#3 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

Hi CyberSec_ET,

Looking at the PCPartPicker website, I do not see a tab showing to buy anything from them: https://pcpartpicker.com/about/

If you find an item and click Add, then take the next step and click buy, you might find more than one source to purchase from. Once you select the source you want to purchase from, you'll be redirected to their website. (That's what I experienced)

Note: Self edit to add the above ^

This is their service:

<-snip>

PCPartPicker provides computer part selection, compatibility, and pricing guidance for do-it-yourself computer builders. Assemble your virtual part lists with PCPartPicker and we'll provide compatibility guidance with up-to-date pricing from dozens of the most popular online retailers. We make it easy to share your part list with others, and our community forums provide a great place to discuss ideas and solicit feedback.

When  I click on the buy tab it takes me to the website like amazon

buy.jpg

Edited by CyberSec_ET, 01 December 2017 - 06:09 PM.

#4 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,455 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:06 PM

:thumbup2:  Isn't that great! The site is like having a personal shopper, and it's free to use. I think it's so fun to check out the building guides and to see what's happening with components, their pricing and reviews. In my location, it's not easy to find a retailer that has the extensive inventory to physically look at. The other frustration I encounter is it's difficult to find sales technicians who have the expertise or the time to put together a system.

Are you building a new system? Buying components? Let us spend your money with you!  :lmao:

#5 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:10 PM

:thumbup2:  Isn't that great! The site is like having a personal shopper, and it's free to use. I think it's so fun to check out the building guides and to see what's happening with components, their pricing and reviews. In my location, it's not easy to find a retailer that has the extensive inventory to physically look at. The other frustration I encounter is it's difficult to find sales technicians who have the expertise or the time to put together a system.

Are you building a new system? Buying components? Let us spend your money with you!  :lmao:

What's not included in final price of all the selected parts on PCPartPicker.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JM3bFd

Total: $2527.38

Since non of the prices for each part doesn't include tax

So the total price is  a lot more than what PCPartPicker states.

For example, the  Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming K5 ATX AM4 Motherboard at newegg is $139.99 which includes free shipping/handling.

But it doesn't include tax, so total price for the mother is more than $139.99

#6 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,455 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:50 PM

Remember, PCPartPicker is a reference for product. The prices and terms of sale that are shown are subject to change per the seller. Sales tax that is imposed on the purchase price of retails sales varies per city and states, there's no way for any retailer to be held firm to a fixed tax rate thus they are not published.The sales tax on goods that you purchase in Forestville California will be different than for someone living in Miami Florida. The burden of finding the exact total purchase price of any product/service etc. is placed on the buyer. As I'm older than dirt, this has been my experience spending millions of dollars over the past 100 years!  :lmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users