Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moto G4 empty when viewed in Windows File Explorer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lithoartist

lithoartist

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

I wish to assist a colleague to copy a particular file from Windows 10 on his PC to a folder in his Moto G4 'phone as part of a process.  Connecting his 'phone to the PC for the first time, Windows 10 undertook the recognition of the 'phone, then offered choices on what to do next.  He was unable to access anything.  I suggested he went directly to the location of his 'phone in Windows File Explorer and click it.  'Internal storage' and 'SD card' appear, typically.  "This folder is empty" or some such message appears when he does that.  I do not know whether this is a Windows or mobile 'phone problem.  I apologise in advance if this should be in a Windows board. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:39 AM

When the Moto is connected to the PC did you pull down the notification bar and select MTP?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G4-Moto-G4-Plus-Moto-G4/Moto-G4-Unable-to-connect-with-USB/td-p/3349468

Changing the cable may help. Some are charging specific cables.

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/140225/how-can-i-tell-charge-only-usb-cables-from-usb-data-cables

Edited by JohnC_21, 30 November 2017 - 10:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users