Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Laptops & Recovery Disks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kknh3

kknh3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:35 AM

I have 2 Toshiba laptops that I created recovery disks for when they were new.  Unfortunately, I didn't label the sets of recover disks well enough to be able to identify which disks go with which laptop.  Now I would like to restore one of the laptops to its new condition.  Is there any way I can determine which set of disks is the correct one to use?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by hamluis, 30 November 2017 - 10:48 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Backup/Imaging/Disk Mgment - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:45 AM

If you are recovering because of an OS problem and not a failing drive a factory reset can be preformed if you still have the recovery partition on the hard drive. Open Disk Management. Right Click Computer > Manage > Disk Management. Look for a partition of around 12GB possibly named Recovery.

https://support.toshiba.com/sscontent?docId=98082971

I wouldn't know how you could determine which computer belonged to what recovery set. Edit: You would need to try both recovery sets on the computer you wish to restore. If you picked the wrong recovery set then I would have to assume the computer would not boot or would not activate.

Edited by JohnC_21, 30 November 2017 - 09:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users