Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Problems Not Sure how to Troubleshoot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bjett

bjett

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

I have been having some very strange problems going on with my computer, and I need to know where to begin to troubleshoot, or if they are all just bad coincidences.

My computer has been having problems with little things mainly authentication for user accounts for programs that have a client installed on my computer (ie Quicken, Microsoft). All the programs I have tried like this, I can log in, but it is as though it is not holding my user account information. All of them show no user account, but allow me to log in, so log in prompts keep popping up. I have been on forums and chats with all of these software companies, and most of them are baffled, and have yet to be able to help me. I am also having problems with various drivers such as printer drivers not working properly. Does anyone else think this may be related, and if so, where do I begin to fix it? Right before this happened, I did get a lightning hit to my router and modem. I know lightning can do strange things. The computer is on a surge strip, so electrically it was okay, but maybe it went through the LAN line?

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon™ II x4 620 2.60 GHz

Memeory: 8GB

It is an HP computer but I have upgraded the video card and power supply way back.

Any suggestions.

Edited by bjett, 30 November 2017 - 08:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

Create a new Administrator Account and see if the problem still persists.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users