Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sounds like a good deal on this 2017 10" Amazon Fire Tablet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:04 PM

I'd appreciate feedback about this tablet.  Other than my Kindle Paperwhite which I got in September, I've only had one experience with touch-screen tablet which was several years ago an Acer that was a total bomb or else I never got the hang of the touch screen.  Ever since I've hesitated trying another tablet.  However, with a serious cash flow deficiency at present and with my aging laptop I have considered getting a tablet.

So today I noticed this

2017 Amazon Fire 10" HD Tablet, 32GB w/ Custom Case & App Vouchers

Today's Special Value on QVC for 119.95.  (Amazon lists it currently for $149).

Anyway I'd appreciate some advice/insight about this tablet.  My main concerns are intuitiveness and touch screen responsiveness as those were huge problems in my one prior experience which did not go well at all.

BTW - what is this "Alexa" hands-free that is listed in the description of this tablet?

Edited by JayJax, 29 November 2017 - 11:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yankeelady2015

yankeelady2015

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:23 PM

Hi JayJax - I just received my 2017 Amazon Fire tablet today.  I ordered it through QVC and paid only 79.00   Thank God for easy pay!  I actually bought it for a friend of mine.  Touch tablet are easy to use and it has a disappearing keyboard too.  Did you buy the ring that goes on the back of the tablet (sold seperatly)?   I wasn't pleased with the shipping as it came from Amazon in California.  UPS made 6 stops before I received it on the east coast.  Responsiveness - anything brand new is going to work great (fast) until you add additional programs and photos which would boggdown the tablet.  I do suggest that you get a good antivirus, such as Webroot antivirus for tablets (Webroot.com).  The reason I suggest Webroot is that I am advocate of there software.  I am confident that there is not a big learning curve on this tablet.

Hope this helps.

Julie  :)

#3 KevinLoc

KevinLoc

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:42 AM

Amazon Fire is only good for e-book reading.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

Amazon Fire is only good for e-book reading.

I must offer a correction for that statement. The Amazon Fire is a tablet, perhaps not the World's best or even close but definitely a tablet. The Amazon Kindle is a book reader and a very good one but is not the same product as the Fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users