Hi I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 installed and I've come across an issue with my laptop not restarting naturally. Meaning, if I click restart from the start menu, it will do everything fine and get to the Toshiba splash screen (Toshiba Leading Innovation) but the dotted circle will never appear, and it will never get to the login screen.
However, if I hold down the power button, and then start it up again, it will go through just fine.
I have tried the following things:
1. Factory resetting/clean installing windows. (I also had to manually restart it when ever it tried to restart on its own)
2. Unplugging all USB devices.
3. Letting it sit (I waited about 20 hours, nothing happened.)
4. Restarting in safe mode. (When I selected restart to actually get to the option to pick safe mode I had the same issue, and I had to press down the power button.)
5. Hard restarting. (Pulling out the battery, holding down the power button for 30 seconds)
6. Resetting BIOs to default settings (I did noticed that it didn't change anything when I did it the first time, but then I tried clicking on each tab and doing it each time idk if that's how you're supposed to do it or not)
7. Disabling secure boot in BIOs.
I noticed I had this problem when there was a power surge in all of my USB ports to the left. I restarted to see if it would fix it and then I found this out. Idk if it would be related or not.
Thanks for any help. :')