Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Does Bleeping Computer have Two (2) User Names for Me?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 justlearning2010

justlearning2010

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:12 PM

Dear All,

Why is it i have two user names ... meaning this below:

I have forgotten my user name ... so I login and request change password etc.

one email comes for validation and says:

Sam123,

This email has been sent from https: etc etc etc. (i no show link)

You have received this email because you intitiated a password recovery for your account on BleepingComputer.com.

(by the way team ... your spelling in default eamils are wrong / intitiated is incorrect / it should be initiated) (send yourself a password reset and you will see)

Anyway ... so upon this above receiving it says for example the name of me say it call me Sam123 ... ok fine hello Sam123 etc etc click here there to validate etc. ok fine done ... then another email come and it say:

Sam123,
This email has been sent from https etc etc (no want link)

This email completes your lost password request.

YOUR NEW PASSWORD

Your username is: Sam777 (its an example here but the fact is it is different? and why?) what is the user name ... Sam123 or Sam777 and why it send like this?
Your email address is: redacted

Your new password is: redacted

please explain concisely please ... as i get it one email / one user name ... but why i have letter coming to say example HI Sam123 and then it say great your all set ... your new password for user name Sam777 is etc etc etc ... you get the idea.

Thank you in advanced.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:53 PM

Send a PM to a mod and they can get you back to your old user name with your new password...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 justlearning2010

justlearning2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

Dear JBurd1900,

Thank you for thoughts ... however I am not at level of saying its even wrong ... the question was why? ... after i hear why then i can address what is to be fixed ... as perhaps there is to be two per say user names ...

you may try for yourself ... send a request to forget password and then read the verbiage and outcome that comes back via automated default scripts ... you may see what i see / of course with different names.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

The Dear is the display name and the Your username is the login name.

Also which word was misspelled?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users