My problem in a nutshell.
- I have 3 laptops. All of which used to be able to detect this particular public WIFI hotspot (optimum, if it is important).
- Two of them suddenly (over the past week or so), can no longer detect the public WIFI.
- My 3rd laptop, and my cell phone, are able to detect the WIFI (as do others' laptops and cell phones).
- When I connect a USB wireless WIFI adapter to my laptops, both laptops can detect the WIFI.
My operating systems are Windows 7 for one laptop, and Windows 10 for the other.
I have encountered problems reading advice meant for similar situations:
1) It did not work, when I tried it here (resetting adapter, updating drivers)
2) It did not match my situation (much of it focused on personal WIFI access)
3) I did not understand it, and it apparently was meant for more advanced users.
I do not know much about computers. But if you are willing to go back and forth with me, I would greatly appreciate it, and follow all of your instructions and provide you with any screenshots you need.
Edited by Al1000, 01 December 2017 - 12:10 PM.
remove spam links