Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop screen problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gadolinium

gadolinium

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:10 AM

Hello,

I recently replaced my laptop's screen and have noticed that there are now two upside down red letters, DT, permanently on the new screen.  I haven't been able to easily find anything on the back of the screen which might be causing this to appear.

14cw48m.jpg

Would anyone here be able to tell me if the two letters are from a flaw in the screen itself (so I need to buy another new one) or if it's something I can fix/adjust?  I am using Windows 10 on a Lenovo ideapad 320 with AMD processor.  Thanks for any advice provided.

Edited by gadolinium, 29 November 2017 - 08:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:36 AM

It is a fault in the screen, the resemblance to characters is by chance. If it's a new screen, that many bad pixels should qualify for replacement under warranty, unless recently actually means outside of some specified part warranty period like 3 months.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 589 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:08 PM

not trying to make you fill dumb but, did you pull the protective plastic film off the screen before installing it?

those dots are drawn on the film.  not part of the screen.

Edited by mightywiz, 04 December 2017 - 12:10 PM.

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 589 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

ok i'll admit it!  I once replaced a screen in an ipad put it all the way together and noticed the exact same thing and said "CRAP! I forgot to remove the protective film."  i didn't say the word crap.

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

ok i'll admit it! I once replaced a screen in an ipad put it all the way together and noticed the exact same thing and said "CRAP! I forgot to remove the protective film." i didn't say the word crap.

Definitely a good thing to check for, something I considered but dismissed as those dots coincide exactly with the cell matrix of the panel, and have characteristic fuzzy edges giving the exact appearance of leaking pixel sacs. Also the panel shows numerous other pixel and subpixel flaws, it just looks like a low grade panel.

However it would be nice if it did turn out to be a cover sheet, I probably should have mentioned it just in case...

Edited by Platypus, 05 December 2017 - 04:54 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#6 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 589 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

ok i'll admit it! I once replaced a screen in an ipad put it all the way together and noticed the exact same thing and said "CRAP! I forgot to remove the protective film." i didn't say the word crap.

Definitely a good thing to check for, something I considered but dismissed as those dots coincide exactly with the cell matrix of the panel, and have characteristic fuzzy edges giving the exact appearance of leaking pixel sacs. Also the panel shows numerous other pixel and subpixel flaws, it just looks like a low grade panel.

However it would be nice if it did turn out to be a cover sheet, I probably should have mentioned it just in case...

that's because the panel has plastic film over it making the display not as clear as it could be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users