This sounds like a hardware problem to me.
Have you monitored your temps? If not, try one of these free tools:
Blow the vents out with canned air (DO NOT USE a vacuum or an air compressor - they can physically damage the system)
Ensure that the sides and back of the system are not blocked and that they have good airflow.
If possible, also try a cooling pad to ensure that lot's of cooler air is supplied to the system.
Start with these free hardware diagnostics: http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
If ALL of those pass, then try this procedure to isolate the problem device(s): http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html
FYI - the last link was designed for desktop systems. It'll work on laptops, but there's just not much that you can do on a laptop - as most components are soldered to the motherboard (and replacing the motherboard on a laptop is a big job!).
If you'd like us to look at your reports (for a more detailed analysis), Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
The Event ID 41 error is simply Windows saying that it doesn't know why it shutdown.
Edited by usasma, 29 November 2017 - 08:55 AM.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.