Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE11 has constant page freezes, restarts, and crashes: from Microsoft Answers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dreidrag790

dreidrag790

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:23 PM

Hello again, Bleeping Computer...if you all have read my introduction, you'll know I'm here after other forums proved to be less helpful with certain issues than I would have liked. I'm here with another: I'm in use of a laptop which runs Windows 7 Starter, and have dealt with troubles in using Internet Explorer for quite a few years. It's all the more disheartening as it seems that Internet Explorer is gradually being phased out of relevance, both by popular websites and by Microsoft itself.

Again, it'd be pointless for me to completely copy the contents of the thread here, so I invite you to visit the thread for yourself:

Microsoft Answers: IE11 has constant page freezes, restarts, and crashes

Ironically, it is my most "popular" topic on the Microsoft Community, but haven't had any new activity from fellow users in recent months, and have had no word from Microsoft employee members in even longer. If anyone else could provide any new insight on the matter or offer some solutions, whether there or here, please feel free.

Thanks in advance

:alien:

Also, feel free to visit my other thread, as I could really use some assistance there as well:

c000218 Blue Screen Error (2000 Pro): Finishing The Job That Microsoft Answers Could Not

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dreidrag790

dreidrag790
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

Hello, Bleeping Computer! Just visited the Microsoft Answers thread and saw some new activity there on the subject...don't know if it came from anyone here, but if so, thanks! Otherwise, feel free to add any input, whether there or here, to see if this nagging problem can be helped in any way.

Thanx a bunch!

#3 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

Probably best to resolve an issue within the Forum started originally { MS } , otherwise conflicting answers will develop as to who responds to you and when.

Most People - just move on to another web browser and the problem is solved , or it could be your system , hardware , etc with issues.

You can start a Topic here within BC to your issues , but stick to those here until a result is achieved ? and forget the others elsewhere.

All help here is voluntary from users in their free time so be patient in responses from them.

#4 dreidrag790

dreidrag790
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

Probably best to resolve an issue within the Forum started originally { MS } , otherwise conflicting answers will develop as to who responds to you and when.

Most People - just move on to another web browser and the problem is solved , or it could be your system , hardware , etc with issues.

You can start a Topic here within BC to your issues , but stick to those here until a result is achieved ? and forget the others elsewhere.

All help here is voluntary from users in their free time so be patient in responses from them.

Hello there, Havachat...thanks for replying!

You make a good point -- sometimes too many cooks spoil the goulash, but I decided to do some additional consulting on a new forum, since the MS forum had suddenly gone quiet for me. BC seems to have more activity, which may lead to a faster turnaround in response time. Perhaps I will find the time to fully import my discussion in a new topic here on Bleeping Computer someday, but it seems a bit easier to just provide the hyperlink to the discussion I began initially and let the users glean from it what they may.

Your contribution to this thread is very much appreciated...I hope to hear more from yourself and others soon!

- dreidrag790

#5 dreidrag790

dreidrag790
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

Happy New Year, Bleeping Computer!

Hope to finally get this topic resolved in 2018, as I hope all of you have each of your computer problems solved this year!

- dreidrag790

#6 dreidrag790

dreidrag790
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

Hello again, everyone...I'm sure most of you guys are big-time Chrome or Firefox users, as I've had to become due to this nagging issue with Microsoft's browser, but part of me is still hoping to return to the use of IE once they get their act together. Just decided to check on the original topic on Microsoft Answers and see that at least five dozen users on the forum, myself included, are seeking an answer to the browser's performance troubles.

I'm just curious if anyone here on Bleeping Computer has had similar troubles, or have figured out any type of fix for it...I'm seeking solutions from everywhere, so feel free to reply with anything that might be relevant to the subject!

Thanks for listening!

- dreidrag790

#7 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:44 AM

I would try another Browser first and see if any issues still arise.

You could be infected , but who knows until you try another Browser first.

You could also run sfc /scannow from the Command Prompt as Admin and also try Eset Online Scanner { One Time Scan } https://www.eset.com/au/home/online-scanner/

Also i run Maxthon Browser with no issues , but Chrome or Firefox should work fine https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

#8 dreidrag790

dreidrag790
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

I would try another Browser first and see if any issues still arise.

You could be infected , but who knows until you try another Browser first.

You could also run sfc /scannow from the Command Prompt as Admin and also try Eset Online Scanner { One Time Scan } https://www.eset.com/au/home/online-scanner/

Also i run Maxthon Browser with no issues , but Chrome or Firefox should work fine https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Hello again, Havachat! Appreciate your return to the thread.

It seems like whatever issue I might be having is rooted within Microsoft; the issue seems to be too widespread to suggest that this is exclusively localized within my system, and I am hyper-vigilant about infections and viruses, having lost countless pieces of information to viruses and computer crashes over the years. So I am often conduction computer systems scans manually and automatically, but nothing of a critical nature has even been discovered. Nonetheless, I will take your links and tips into account as well, as one can never be too careful.

I've been relegated to Chrome and Firefox for a number of years now due to this issue, but I still like Internet Explorer enough to use it passively from time to time and would like to see its site-crashing issues troubleshot, if not out-and-out corrected. I've been petitioning Microsoft's people to remedy it, but am also floating a number of balloons out to the web-faring community at large to get a little insight on what might ease the trouble.

Couldn't hurt, right?

- dreidrag790

All invitations are open for my other threads as well!

Edited by dreidrag790, 27 January 2018 - 02:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users