Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer froze then won't boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kharell

Kharell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

Hi,

As stated in the title, my computer froze two times yesterday and after I tried to reboot it, it would not start anymore. Everything seems to launch fine (Case lit up, all fans running except GPU) but my monitor is receiving no signal and keyboard/mouse are not responding (my mouse's light still turn on when plugged tho) which led me to think that it isn't even booting the BIOS.

First thing I tried was to hook my GPU through another cable but that didn't change anything.

I looked up those symptoms and tried the following "solutions" without success:

- Put out the PSU cable and push ON for a min
- Put out the mobo battery for a min
- Dust it out
- Try to boot with the least component possible (GPU only, without HDD, remove RAM and so on)

Tho those didn't work, it gave me a new information which is that I have no mobo beeps when trying to start it up without HDD or RAM. The whole thing would launch, but still no signal or anything better happening.

It's an one-year old home built computer with the following specs:

MoBo: Gigabyte 970A-UD3P
CPU: AMD FX-6300
GPU: AMD RX-460 4Gb
RAM: G-Skills Ripjaw 2x4GB DDR1600 PC3-12800
PSU: EVGA 500W B

Unfortunately, I don't have any inbuilt GPU to test if the issue could come from it, nor do I have any other components at my disposition, so I rely only on your expertise and hope you will be able to sort this out.

Thanks by advance for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:46 PM

I would start with the power supply 500w on a system is pretty low.  if you can find a working test power supply i would try it first then if you need to replace it i would replace with at least a 700-750watt.  and don't buy generic cheap model, buy a brand name.  the generic's are never what they say they are rated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users