Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 64 bit - Dumping physical memory

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 deki090

deki090

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:50 PM

I have a new laptop and installed windows 7 32 bit. It works fine but the RAM is 2.4GB instead od 4GB. So i installed windows 7 64 bit but it worked ok some time but than showed blue screen and Dumping Physical Memory and restarted. Also when i tried to open a picture it showed COM Surrogate stopped working. I changed again on 32 bit version and is working fine but it is not used all of the RAM. Can it be that my win 7 64 bit dvd is bad ? Or something else ?
It is Lenovo 100 ideapad 
intel core i3
4GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 2GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

We need more information about your system than what you've provided. Hence, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:00 PM

Hi. . .

Given that it's a new laptop, I would suggest that you return it and demand a new one.

The most useable RAM that you'll get out of Windows 7 32-bit is about 3.4 GB tops. Your video card may be using up the balance (down to the 2.4 GB that you reported).

Only Windows 7 x64 will accept (fully utilize) 4 GB (or more) of RAM. However, it too may report a lower figure because of your video card.

I assume that the system came with Windows 10? Where did you get Windows 7 from? I hope it is not an OEM copy that came installed on another computer. If it is, it will not work. You'll be plagued with problems.

You need to purchase a full retail version of Windows 7.

Obviously, you should not be having the problems you listed on a brand new laptop.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#4 deki090

deki090
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

The laptop was without OS and my windows is from torrent

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,024 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

Hi,

As jcgriff2 has said, running a pirated copy of Windows is a recipe for disaster, and thus it is not surprising that you are running into problems. It also prevents you from receiving help, according to our forum rules:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Please purchase a legitimate copy of Windows if you wish to receive any help.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:46 PM

I agree with bwv848 - you need to purchase a genuine copy of Windows.

I have never heard of a new Lenovo laptop (or any other brand laptop) not coming with the current version of Windows (or other legit OS). You should check this out with the place of purchase.

Good luck to you.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Edited by jcgriff2, 01 December 2017 - 05:48 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users