Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kodak Software

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tooler14

tooler14

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:23 PM

Just need some help, feel it is something wrong with registry but not for sure. I had Kodak Easyshare software installed before then I installed a webcam, both were working together fine, until there was an update to KODAK software, tried downloading it, and it couldnt download. So then I un-inistalled everything, webcam and Kodak software. Tried installing both again, only webcam works, Kodak software doesnt install. Please help. Is there a good registry scan out there that I can trust?
Ty

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 24 September 2006 - 11:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:30 AM

Try the following:

Windows One Care Free Scan

Go to Windows Live Onecare Free Scan
It will say "Get a free PC safety scan"
http://safety.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

Make sure you click "Full Service Scan" in the middle of the page and
not the "Try It Now Free" on the right side.

Allow it to download an Active X component.
Choose "Complete Scan" in the window that opens
Click "Next"
Do not click on anything else that offers you a free trial or to sign up if you live in the US.

Allow it to scan - it may take quite, maybe two hours or so depending on how big your hard drive is and how fragmented your registry and drive are.

#3 tooler14

tooler14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:58 PM

Thanks for the idea, I will let you know how it goes and if I can install the software again. Thanks.

#4 tooler14

tooler14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:54 PM

Hey, it didn't work, I still cannot download the Kodak software. Any other suggestions?
Thanks for the help so far.

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:23 AM

IMHO, I'd stay away from any Kodak software. I've used a few of their programs, and had mixed feelings about them all, and TBH, I didn't care for any of them. Even their "Kodak Photo Desk", which they claim can do "pretty much everything that Photoshop does!" is a bad photo editing/photo management program. It's very resource intensive, and loves to suck up the majority of your computers cpu process. This will slow down your machine greatly, causing problems when using other cpu intensive programs.

All of their other photo management programs seem great, and super easy to use, and they might be. To me, they seem like an over rated dressed up version of Windows Explorer. All you do with the most of it is move your pictures from one place to another, and save them. Maybe rotate them, maybe copy them to someplace else, or what ever, all of which can be done right from Windows Explorer, which is super easy to use. Windows Explorer won't assign a color profile of any type either, however, most Kodak programs that I've used tries to assign a color profile of some sort (depending on your working color space).

IMHO, I'd just skip the easy share software, and just use windows explorer to move your files around. As far as editing (resizing, adjusting brightness/contrast and color etc.) there's a lot of good free programs that come highly recommended on this site. You can view them HERE. They're at the top of the second post made by Grinler.

If you're still insitant upon having this software installed, then I'd do the usual routine maintenance, and go from there (scan disc, defrag, multiple checks for spyware etc. etc.). Hopefully this will allow you to install this software. If not, then you should be able to contact Kodak for support (it's usually hit or miss with their techs, either you get a person that really knows their stuff, or you get someone that just reads what their computer tells them to say).

Hope this helps!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:08 AM

Did you uninstall it before you tried to download and install it again?

Is this software that came with your camera?

#7 tooler14

tooler14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:00 PM

Yeah I uninstalled it before I tried to download it again, and yes, it is the software that came with the camera. Any suggestions?

#8 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:39 AM

I'm going to stick with what I said in my previous post :thumbsup:

However, have you checked to make sure that your computer meets the minimum requirements of the software? Have you updated the software, or downloaded the updated/newer software from their website (if a newer version/update is available). If all else fails, I'd resort to calling Kodak, and having them work with you to resolve this issue, as they *usually* know their stuff.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users