Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC freezing after a couple minutes. Please help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flashcabaja64

flashcabaja64

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

Hello,

So this problem just happened and I'll list the troubleshooting procedures I've done with the problem still persisting.

Originally, I had windows 10 64-bit installed it would actually freeze at random occurrences when I'm browsing anything from the web, running software, or merely having my computer on idle. Now it's gotten so severe that it pauses after I reached my windows desktop for a few minutes. Firstly, I thought maybe I had some corrupted window/software drivers, so to rule that out, along with my SSD, I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 from my secondary PC then switching it back to my primary PC. The problem still persists

I also tried swapping different RAM's and putting them on different slots, and detached my GPU and used the onboard HDMI input.

Motherboard BIOS is updated to the latest version.

I really think it's a hardware issue, but I have no idea what it could be and why. PSU? CPU? MoBo?

NOTE: There is a buzzing sound radiating from my speakers whenever it pauses during desktop.

Please help. I am out of ideas.

PC Specs:

Intel i7 6700k 4.0 gHz

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070

G.Skill Tridentz DDR4-4000mHz PC4-32000 (2x4GB)

Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB

ASRock Z170 OC Formula

EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold 750W

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

We need more information about your system than what you've provided. Hence, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

P.S. Even if your computer isn't blue screening, please still do the above.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 flashcabaja64

flashcabaja64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

Hi,

I would love to do that, but because of the problem I am having, I won't have enough time to run the program for my PC to start freezing up again. Is there an alternative option?

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:58 PM

Can you boot into Safe Mode and run the tool from there?

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-10-in-safe-mode-with-networking/

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users