My computer is infected by some weird malware that prevents me from using a browser, which is vital for my job.
This thing pops a new Google Chrome window, apparently in response to keyboard input. Random keys, not always the same. The new window doesnt show any Ads, just the basic Google Search startup textbox.
I´ve tried, to no avail:
- Resetting Google Chrome
- Singing out of my google user
- Reinstalling Chrome
- Spybot: Running a full system scan
- Malware bytes Threat Scan
- Uninstalling Chrome and using FireFox. The issue persists, less intensely, but it still causes firefox to "reset back" to the google search with an empty box
- Round 2 spybot + malware bytes scans
In fear of having to format the hard drive, I´ve made a backup copy of my files to an external harddrive.
It seems this malware is somehow hijacked the google search feature... please help! I really like Chrome and use google docs for my job, so I really dont want to have to start using another browser.