Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Combofix Download (Not a Log)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 passacaglia

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

While trying to download, a window says Malware Blocked. Presumably by Hitman Pro.alert. Should I disable Hitman Pro.alert or do something different? When I ran Combofix time ago, I disabled all antivirus since many engines recognize combofix as a virus. I don't run it now. I keep it JIC.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,745 posts
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:14 AM

Where did you download ComboFix from? The official site for downloading ComboFix is provided in the authorized Guide and tutorial on How to use ComboFix which redirects here.

There are a number of unofficial sites which host various unauthorized versions of ComboFix (many of which are outdated) or imitations which claim to be ComboFix but redirect to downloading questionable software instead. For example, ComboFix.org and ComboFixdownload.com offer unauthorized versions but are not affiliated with the legitimate tool created by sUBs.

If you did attempt to download ComboFix from the official site be aware that Bleeping Computer's hosted programs for download are trustworthy, safe and malware-free. However, depending on the product, some anti-virus software and other security scanners may flag certain programs as a threat for a variety of reasons when that is not the case. In these instances the detection or blocking by Hitman Pro.alert in your case was a "false positive". You can temporarily disable it until you download and run the tool.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users