Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UI blur when moving primary monitor to secondary

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wonderland78

wonderland78

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

I got my new monitor today and replaced my main/old one for it, checked it out, all good. Then I set my old monitor to the side, plugged it in as secondary and got this problem.

See the attached image. It's important to note that only certain PARTS of the Windows UI are blurring. You can see three main things in the pic: the less sharp text (Windows Explorer - looks even worse on screen), the more sharp text (in the web browser) and a copy/paste of the main display's text for comparison. 

So it feels that something isn't resizing properly. If I load up Photoshop, it isn't just text that's blurred, it's the whole UI. Likewise Explorer.

I have had this issue before (upon plugging in a new monitor) and a good old fashioned restart sorted it out. Not so this time.

Attached Files

• Attached File  sig.jpg   272.6KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wonderland78

wonderland78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:52 PM

UPDATE: Solved it.

It's called DPI Scaling. I'm using Windows 8.1 so trying to see if I could have it on one monitor and not another. I gather Win 10 does this.

For the sake of clarity: you have to go into Screen Resolution > Make Text and Other Items... > and set it back to 100%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users