Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla Thunderbird problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Juliasdream

Juliasdream

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

I have gmx mail accounts which work fine when usinf the webmail versions but when using Thunderbird client I keep getting problems

I have no problem receiving emails but often when it comes to replying or sending new ones I get one of 3 error messages and whatever I try I cant get to send any

If I delete the account then reinstall it all my saved emails come back and for a while I'm able to send again but after a while the same problem comes back again

Also

sometimes it hasn't recognized my password and requires I input it again. Then I keep inputting what I'm absolutely sure is the correct one (works fine with webmail) and however much I try it wont work till I uninstall the account and reinstall

It's very annoying to say the least

Could someone offer a solution?

Thanks

Error 1: Login to mail server> Retry. Enter New Password. Cancel

Error 2: Sends Message Error. Sending of the message failed

The message could not be sent using outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.gmx.com for an unknown                 reason. Please verify your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are cottect and try again

Error 3. (larger box): You are about to override how Thunderbird identifies this site.

​Legitimate banks, stores and other public sites will not ask you to do this.

​Server location: smtp.gmx.com:465

This site attempts to identify itself with invalid information............

Edited by hamluis, 27 November 2017 - 02:36 PM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,996 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

Hi,

I have mail.gmx.com as smtp server on port 465 SSL/TLS and its working fine for me.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 Juliasdream

Juliasdream
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:53 AM

Hi,

I have mail.gmx.com as smtp server on port 465 SSL/TLS and its working fine for me.

But are you using Thunderbird.? I think my problem lies with that and not gmx. itself

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,996 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:48 AM

But are you using Thunderbird.? I think my problem lies with that and not gmx. itself

Yes.

Edited by SleepyDude, 28 November 2017 - 05:49 AM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.

___
Rui

#5 Juliasdream

Juliasdream
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:42 AM

Yes.

I'm not any wiser. It just means that you don't have a problem with Thunderbird and I do

I was hoping that someone familiar with the workings of Thunderbird may understand the problems I'm having and may be able to advise me accordingly

#6 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,996 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:41 AM

Did you change the server name and try?

___
Rui

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:33 PM

https://support.gmx.com/pop-imap/pop3/thunderbird.html

Louis

#8 TechJessica

TechJessica

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:59 AM

We can move the Thunderbird contacts to Gmail in 2 easy steps:

1. Convert the Thunderbird Address Book into CSV file.
  2. Export the CSV file into Gmail account.

The steps of creating the CSV file from Thunderbird Contacts are given below:

Saving Thunderbird Contacts as CSV:

1. Open Thunderbird Email client from the system.

1-st1.png

2. Look at the Menu bar, you will find the Tools option. Click on that to find the option of Address Book.

1-st2.png

3. Click on Address Book, a new window will pop up showing all the components of the Address Book. On the left side of the window, you will see Personal Address Book and Collected Addresses.

1-st3.png

4. Highlight the Personal Address Book option by clicking on it. Now click on the Tools option above and choose Export

1-st4-1.png

5. Another window will appear with the option of choosing the destination location, file name, and type. Choose Desktop to save the file, set Contacts as File Name, and most importantly, set the File Type as CSV (Comma Separated Value.)

1-st5.png

Now, import that CSV file into your Gmail account.

Edited by TechJessica, 23 February 2018 - 04:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users