Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Infection?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cegodsey

cegodsey

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

My cell phone was hacked or something like that.  We are going down to our provider to get a list of texts to see if a text came from my phone.  We're thinking that the phone was cloned because of a text conversation that occurred between my phone number and a family member.  My phone was in my possession at the time so I don't know of any other way they could have done this.  HOWEVER, I need to run some utilities on my computer to check for malicious activity just in case they used some other method.  What do you recommend?  I am currently running ESET 5.0.2225.0 and definition 16479.  I'm about to run a full system scan but what else should I run?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Unworn_Kilt

Unworn_Kilt

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:23 AM

G'day,

I'm just a standard member here, not a Fully Trained Malware Removal Tech.

I'd suggest you run the ESET Scan after making sure your definitions are up to date.

I don't personally run ESET, thus am not familiar with it's settings. I'd select the Highest Detection Levels and Threat Type Detections you can.

If there's still a problem post back here again.

You'll need to give as much detail as possible about your system and the entire chain of events.

Please include:

• Operating System
  • Computer Specifications.
  • All Utilities (Anti-Malware\Virus) you've run.
  • Any Symptoms (if they exist) on your P.C.
  • Has anyone else had access to your computer unsupervised?
  • Anything else that you can provide that may help resolve any issues.
  • A Copy/Paste into Your Reply of the Report from your ESET Scan.

Hopefully these won't be necessary, but they will be useful if there is an ongoing problem.

Good luck and hopefully you'll be fine.

Cheers,

Kilt. :thumbup2:

PLEASE NOTE

I am only a Standard Member,  NOT a Trained Malware Removal Expert. If you have ANY concerns regarding any advice I may give, please contact a Member of Staff before making changes.

Thanks!

** Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick **

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users