Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Conhost & CMD Infection

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 JDushey

JDushey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:40 PM

After I reinstalled windows and loaded all of my software apps on the machine, I noticed this morning that the virus returned. There were at least 25 cmd processes running on the machine. I think it might be comming from one of the apps I installed. I may try again to reinstall windows on the machine again but this time monitor more closely before /after installing apps.

I also wonder if another computer on the network could be causing the infection as well as that machine has the same problem.

None of the programs that you have asked me to run have found any problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 JDushey

JDushey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

Another question - does fomatting a disc remove a root virus if one exists?

#18 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:03 PM

Disk formatting will definitely do.

And then try to install one program at a time so you know what's causing the issue.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users