Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Still best to use EAM and MBAM?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Enterprise256

Enterprise256

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:07 AM

Is is still best to use Emsisoft Anti-Malware and the free version on MBAM?

I'm also running CryptoPrevent which is fine but recently MBAM updated to the latest and removed MBAE, should I be worried and get the beta version of MBAE to keep it? I'm not willing to pay for MBAM Premium.

Note: MBAE was Free before..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:42 AM

Although Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit & Anti-Ransomware both have been incorporated into Malwarebytes 3.0, current standalone versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit will continue in perpetual beta form.

What will happen to Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free?
We will continue offering Anti-Exploit as a stand-alone perpetual Beta. This Beta of Anti-Exploit will include all Premium features of Anti-Exploit. New techniques will be added first to the Anti-Exploit Beta before for testing before they are integrated into Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium. Users who wish to continue using Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit only instead of Malwarebytes 3.0 will be able to do so through the use of this perpetual Beta.

Malwarebytes 3.0 FAQS Existing Subscriptions: What will happen to Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free?

On 1/3/2017 at 10:34 AM, pbust said:
...people that have not paid for MBAE can enjoy MBAE Premium features for free in the MBAE standalone beta. The "beta" concept is basically to denote that MBAE standalone will always be a step ahead of MB3, but not by much.
As a previous MBAE Premium paying customer, your MBAE license key now works with MB3.

MBAE perpertual beta

I still use the free stand-alone MBAE with Emsisoft.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users