Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows hyperlinks and Edge problem please help.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kefi

Kefi

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:06 AM

Okay guys i need help,i'm really desperate i will try to type in everything i know.

So i got my new pc 3 days ago with these specs.

Ryzen 1700

8gb hyperX ram

GTX 1050ti gigabyte

Gigabyte b350 gaming 3

and CM G750M power supply.

I installed windows like 3 times since then and i always have the same problem.

So basically it takes like 10-30 seconds for everything to open in Edge(chrome and internet explorer work perfectly for web browsing )

Then when i first clicked on desktop with right click and personalize i got some weird error i forgot what it was i know it was long :S

Then because i use notepad ++ a lot and skype and i have a lot of hyperlinks there both Skype and notepad++ they open after 10-30,40 seconds i don't know and it is really annoying for my pc i mean its not slow i even have SSD 840 evo.

And yes Chrome is my default web browser, i can provide printscreens and more info if needed !

And ofc i can give my skype if anybody wants to see this for them selves .

Please any help is appreciated !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:56 AM

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3577483/windows-hyperlinks-edge-problem.html

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Kefi

Kefi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:13 AM

Yea that's my account,and i'm really desperate i deleted Edge using some tool in hope for it to be fixed and not its not. Im using the official microsoft iso for windows 10 and the one from pirate bay works perfect. Maybe because its an older build .

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:15 AM

So what build of Windows 10 are you running now?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 Kefi

Kefi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:54 AM

Version is 1709 OS Build 16299.64

#6 Kefi

Kefi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:47 AM

Kay i installed 1607  OS BUILD 14393.0 and it works perfectly i guess im disabling updates :D

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

Version 1607 end of support is tentatively March 2018 where you will not longer receive security updates. Hopefully the problem is fixed by then.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

#8 Kefi

Kefi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:37 PM

Yea i hope as well,this version is cool right? Nothing wrong with it right? Do you know what might be the problem here?

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:08 PM

Windows 10 is a "Service" which means any update can cause issues with existing hardware. In your case there could be a conflict with a startup item or simply a bug in Windows 10 which is common considering the constant upgrades it goes through.

Try a Clean Boot and see if you get the same problem. If not then there is a service or startup item conflict. Also see if Safe Mode with Networking gives the problem.

https://www.winhelp.us/clean-boot-windows.html

#10 Kefi

Kefi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

Aha okay i get it,okay i will try in a few days i just want to play some games and enjoy my new pc xD

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:22 PM

If you do decide to go back to the latest version use the Media Creation Tool to download the iso of Windows 10. Use Rufus with the iso file to create a bootable USB flash drive. 

Run Rufus and select GPT as a partition scheme. Leave all boxes as checked. Select iso image in the dropdown box, click the icon, and browse to the iso file.

You can do a clean install doing the following steps. Boot the USB and at the language screen press Shift + F10 to open a command prompt. Type the following commands.

diskpart

list disk

select disk X     Where X is the disk you will be installing Windows to. Usually 0

clean                 Deletes all partitions and sets the drive up for a clean install

convert GPT     Initializes the disk as GPT in order to boot on UEFI systems

exit

exit

Continue with the install. When you get to the Windows showing your disk for installation click next and Windows will automatically partition and format the drive.

From your previous posts I think you are already familiar with these steps but am posting them if you are not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users