If you wipe hard drive without disabling the BitLocker encryption and then install an operating system to the drive that doesn't support or recognize BitLocker, the drive will be locked. So, to prepare the disk for formatting, you should decrypt it in advance via Control Panel.
1. Point to the top right edge of the screen and select "Search" when the Charms bar appears
2. Type "BitLocker" into the search field, and then click the "Settings" tab.
3. Choose "BitLocker Drive Encryption" from the results and click "Turn Off BitLocker."
4. Enter an administrative password, if prompted, and then click "Turn Off BitLocker" again to decrypt the hard drive, USB flash drive or SD card.
After decrypt BitLocker encrypted hard drive, USB flash drive or SD card you can format it using Disk management utility or EaseUS partition tool.
1. Type Control Panel in the search box. And click Control Panel.
2. Click Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management.
3. Right-click on the drive or partition and click on Format.
4. Select the file system and set the cluster size.
5. Click OK to format the BitLocker encrypted disk