Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Need something trusted and secure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 freerussia

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

Hey guys

Need something trusted and secure. Need to make “onion layers security” with the most secure and harder to hack/crack software. How to protect yourself from government in the internet, I’m from Russia, need to post few docs and article on the internet but need to be 100% sure they won’t find me. I have no clue what Edward Snowden is doing here in this corrupt and dictator country. Please use simple English, basic tech terms, be as detailed as possible, or direct me to articles links with info, but real good tips will be appreciated.

I just bought new hard drive going to install new OS and other programs on it:

1 Which OS? Windows 10, Linux, Qubes, Whonix etc, or use Whonix inside of Qubes? which the most secure? If Linux which version? How the best to configure it?

2 Then need to install virtual machine on it? which one?

3 Then which third party programs I need on it?

4 What browser to use? If TOR - What’s the best Configuration for TOR browser? As I know just using TOR browser is not enough they still can find you. and Use China server? 

5 Need Antivirus? Antispyware? Which one?

I guess that’'s should be enough?

Thanks a lot for saving my ass.
Moved from General Chat

Edited by NickAu, 26 November 2017 - 11:25 PM.
Mod edit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:52 PM

I would go with tailsOS in this case, there are plenty of tutorials and documentation for it.

It was Snowdens OS of choice after all.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users