Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help, Internet not working properly on startup.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 novaen

novaen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

Almost every time i boot my computer up it says it's connected to the network but i can't browse the web or use anything required internet access like discord or steam.

The only thing i have found to fix this is opening cmd with admin and running "netsh winsock reset" and restarting the computer, any help in permanently solving this issue? please and thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 783 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

I think your only doing part of the procedure that needs to be done to fix your problem.  do this:

The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Using this troubleshooter, then running some networking commands afterwards if needed, can help get you connected.

To run the Network troubleshooter
  1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
  2. Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn’t fix your connection problem, try these things:

• Reset the TCP/IP stack
  • Release the IP address
  • Renew the IP address
  • Flush and reset the DNS client resolver cache
To run these networking commands in a command prompt window
  1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
  2. At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
    • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

if that doesn't work then update your network driver, if that still doesn't work then delete you network driver and reboot the system.  let windows re-install the driver and test.

Edited by mightywiz, 27 November 2017 - 05:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users