Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Defender ATP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dittybop

dittybop

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:00 PM

I downloaded win10 insider preview version 1709 16299, made an iso and  ran it. Here's the problem, I can't install any of my games  or apps. Win Defender blocks all my previous content. I turn off win defender to no avail, then find out it is impossible to uninstall win defender from that version of windows.I have win10, pro version, then why does the win store   prompt me to buy win pro version.  Do I have to get a different version or does someone have a solution?

Edited by Al1000, 26 November 2017 - 02:26 PM.
moved from Win 10 Discussion

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:46 AM

So you used the UUP to ISO program and performed a clean install of Windows 10? Since you made your post on November 26th, 2017 and version 1709 build 16299 has been available to the public since early Oct., then your post does not make any sense at all. In other words, 1709 build 16299 is not an insider build, it is the public build.

How did you create the ISO file?

Did you do a clean install?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:54 AM

If you want to download version 1709 build 16299 without having to create one from the hundreds of UUP files, you can simply download the ISO from Microsoft because this version is not an insider preview build. Use this link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

I have done a bit of research regarding this topic for you. First, since Windows 7 you can not uninstall the built in Windows security. Windows 8 and higher have the new Windows Defender which CAN NOT be uninstalled. It is best not to mess around with the registry to try to uninstall this feature.

If you created your ISO file from the hundreds of UUP files that are floating around on the net, this is not a good idea unless you know what you are doing. Making a homebrew ISO file can create many unintneded problems such as the ones that you describe.

Please tell us exactly what you mean by your statements;

1. You are running an insider build

2. You find it impossible to uninstall Windows Defender.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users