Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Excel dragging cells

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chiefred

Chiefred

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:24 AM

I have a spreadsheet that has two columns ---the first cell b1 has this 325 ETH SW1 P2 in the cell of the first column, the second column cell c1 has this entry 316 S1 in it. When I select the cell and drag down to increase the P2 of the first column and the S1 of the 2nd column, 325 increases incrementally as does 316 in the 2nd column. 

How can I change the selection of number to be increased? I do not see any formulas or anything out of the ordinary. The spreadsheet has several other columns that have similar entries in the cells, and the last number in each of those cells will increase when it is selected and dragged down. Again, no apparent formulas that I can see. The version of Excel is 2013.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 daveydoom

daveydoom

• Security Colleague
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:23 AM

I don't have Excel here at home to try this with but perhaps you can try this:

- Enter the proper data in the first two cells of the column (ie: 325 ETH SW1 P2 and 325 ETH SW1 P3) then drag those cells to see if the P3 changs to P4 etc).

Failing that, a much longer process is as follows:

- Enter the original data from the first cell into two seperate cells (ie: Cell B1 originally contains 325 ETH SW1 P2 so -> now enter 325 ETH SW1 in cell C1 and enter P2 in cell D1) .    You can then fill the rest of column C with 325 ETH SW1 (copying it to keep it the same) and you can drag down the contents in column D to increment the P2 to P3 to P4 etc.    After all that you can use the CONCATENATE or CONCAT feature in Excel to merge the two columns (C and D).    

Again, this is a long process and involves adding columns, merging columns and then deleting extra columns once finished.   But it will work :)  .

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
-Emo Philips

unite_final.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users