Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgraded my computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 noowbie

noowbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

So i bought new graphics card and power supply from black friday sales, and i tried to change them but my computer wont go past first screen. It says; "Reboot and select proper boot device". I have no idea what to do. I have been reconnecting the cables to make sure i did them right. Please help me.

Graphics card: MSI geforce gtx 1060
Power supply: Silverstone et650-B

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Marshall88

Marshall88

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:28 PM

Have you checked the bios menu and looked under device boot order and made sure your hard drive is the 1st under that list? Also, what motherboard are you using?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:44 AM

Have you checked the bios menu and looked under device boot order and made sure your hard drive is the 1st under that list? Also, what motherboard are you using?

It actually doesn't matter what the boot order is as long as the drive containing the operating system is in the boot order.  Windows will go through the boot order to find the operating system.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:50 AM

So i bought new graphics card and power supply from black friday sales, and i tried to change them but my computer wont go past first screen. It says; "Reboot and select proper boot device". I have no idea what to do. I have been reconnecting the cables to make sure i did them right. Please help me.

Graphics card: MSI geforce gtx 1060
Power supply: Silverstone et650-B

If this computer had no problems prior to changing the PSU and GPU I would suggest that you go back and recheck the hdd/ssd power cable connection.  I would suggest doing this first since you had to specifically change the SATA power cable to the hdd/ssd when you changed out the PSU.

Did you make any changes to SATA data cable attachments to the motherboard when you changed out the PSU?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users