Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSoD - system thread exception not handled - Win10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Niver

Niver

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

Hi,

my laptop fell off the table. At first everything was ok, but the next day it couldn't start. When I'm trying to turn it on, all the time I get BSoD "system thread exception not handled". 

Used safe mode to test hdd by HDTune and there is few damaged sectors, but im not sure if there is problem only with HDD and buying new one will solve the problem.

Thanks for all help in advance. 

Attached Files

Edited by Niver, 25 November 2017 - 12:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Hello,

The lone BSOD dump file is quite useless — I am getting symbol errors everywhere. However, it does appear to me that there was some error during paging?

There are numerous warnings in the Event Log regarding the hard disk on November 25 (your time), but none prior. Most of them are warning about bad sectors all over the place (physical damage!). Thus, it is most likely that the fall was the cause of the hard disk failure (and most likely the BSODs due to data corruption).

For now I counsel you to backup all your data if possible. To be honest, no one knows whether the rest of the hardware is fine. I could ask you to run a couple of hardware diagnostics, but there could be unknown damage that not even diagnostics would reveal! Replacing the hard drive would be interesting, but even if the system works fine for a few days, we can't come to any conclusions! Hence I suggest you post in the Internal Hardware forums for more advice — the experts there will be able to give you better advice: Internal Hardware - BleepingComputer

regards,
bwv848

Edited by bwv848, 25 November 2017 - 06:24 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users