Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help, my Windows 7 has huge issue, thanks!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Windows777

Windows777

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:08 AM

So I went to administrator account and did a full virus scan to make sure computer has no malware/viruses.

Afterwards when I went to restart, it says windows is not launching and go to some kind of startup. When I go to start windows normally it goes to a quick blue screen than restarts itself again and the same cycle happens.

I'm unable to capture what the blue screen says as it flashes real quick before going to start up screen.

But the start up option is not launching at all and ends up just showing a black screen where i can move the mouse that is it.

Please help, thanks!

Edited by Platypus, 25 November 2017 - 08:32 AM.
Deleted duplicate topic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Windows777

Windows777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

I was able to actually capture the blue screen as it flashed quickly....

I believe it says something like "unmountable_boot_volume" or something.

#3 Windows777

Windows777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:00 AM

So I was able to finally get startup repair to work after changing some thing from SATA to "compatible" in bios.

But the problem is when it is repairing disk and it restarts it goes back to the BSOD.

Please help, thanks!

#4 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:13 PM

That message indicates a problem with the NT File System (NTFS).

Since the message (and BSOD) are coming from Windows the OS is at least starting to load but then has a problem.

I can't imagine running a virus scan would cause a problem like that.

What I can imagine will cause a problem like that are things like a power failure, using the power button, using the reset button, plug pulling, battery removal, ungraceful shutdown, aborted restart, etc.

Have any of those events occurred?

Answer the following questions as best you can:

What is your system make and model?

If a Dell what is the Service Tag number?

If an HP what is the serial number?

Does the system have a working CD/DVD drive?

Do you have a genuine bootable Windows 7 SP1 installation CD/DVD?

What was the issue you were having that brought about this virus scan or was it just a routine scan?

What is the name of the virus scanning tool(s) you used?

Did the scan complete or did you stop it, how did you stop it, did the system restart during the scan?

I would start by running a chkdsk with error correction (chkdsk  /r) on the afflicted drive volume but you are going to have to boot on something in order to do that.

You can run a chkdsk with error correction from a Command Prompt from the Windows System Recovery Options screen:

[attachment=199932:Untitled.jpg]

Running chkdsk is fine even if it doesn't find any problems.  It will not hurt anything to run it.

Assuming your boot drive is C, run the following command:

chkdsk  C:  /r

Respond in the affirmative to any "are you sure" kinds of messages.

Let chkdsk finish and correct any problems it might find.  

Depending on the size of the volume, the amount of data on the volume, the speed of your system and what the chkdsk finds to do It may take a long time for chkdsk to complete (several to many hours) or it may appear to be 'stuck'.  Be patient.  If the HDD light is still flashing, chkdsk is doing something.  Keep an eye on the percentage amount to be sure it is still making progress.  It may even appear to go backwards sometimes.

You should run chkdsk /r again until it finds no errors to correct.

Then see how things look.

Edited by joseibarra, 25 November 2017 - 05:13 PM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users