Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU crash at startup -- Glitched screen : blue lines across screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Cochleari

Cochleari

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:44 AM

TL;DR : I've been getting that glitched screen, GPU probably broken : hoping its only a software issue.

I have a GTX 1070 from Asus, a i7 7700k from intel and I usually use two Asus monitors a 144hz and a 4k - 60hz using Anolog and Displayport respectively.

I use Windows 10.

The first crash occurred as I was playing Overwatch, and shortly before I had tried some vectorization on python with cuda.

What I mean exactly by vectorization is this, which I tried in order to speed up an image processing python program that a friend and I did (it's basic and really slow). It did not really work and kept giving me errors, mostly about syntax though, so i messed around with some CUDA variations to see if anything worked. After a wile I gave up and the crash happened shortly after when I first had a significant load on the GPU.

Now, I can't start my computer using the graphics card.

At first I thought that it was a driver issue so I started the thing multiple times with the monitor on the CPU and tried several nvidia drivers, it never really worked (expect that one time where i got it to magically start on the GPU using both monitors with no problem whatsoever, but it still ended up crashing after some time).

On the device manager it's not even recognized anymore (it says that no drivers are installed), and when I reinstall drivers either via the NVIDIA website or via the installation CD, it crashes with the same old blue lines across the screen having me to restart the pc and disconnect the GPU so that it doesn't use it.

I also tried reinstalling windows and changing which socket the GPU sits in, no results.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users