Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB headsets' mics do not work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spaceships

spaceships

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:52 PM

Yesterday, my G933's mic stopped working. Windows recognizes the device, but it can't transmit any sounds (on the bar in the recording tab), Skype, Discord, or anything. I've tried using another USB headset and had the same problem. Then I tried an old G230 with 3.5mm cables and the mic worked. However, the person I'm talking to on Skype says my mic keeps cutting out and they can hear sounds coming from my headset. (Might be a whole other problem. It seems like it'll mute every time I'm playing something loud on my computer.)

I built this computer about 2 months ago. Using an Asus Maximus 9 Hero. I've tried updating the audio driver and plugging in the headset onto other USB ports.

If anybody has any suggestions, I will greatly appreciate it. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pelipe

pelipe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:27 PM

I am having similar issue, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :clapping:

-quack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users