(I wasn't 100% sure if this belonged in the external or internal hardware forum. Feel free to move it, admins, if needed.)
I own a Samsung galaxy J3V (recently updated to Android 7.1 about a week ago) that I've owned for about a year. I got a micro Sd card soon after and have used it to transfer games over to. (I don't know the model of Sd card, I think it was an off brand and I have a picture of it below).
About a month ago the phone got factory reset from the debug screen (I won't go into why that's another story) and I restored the apps using google.
When I came to start using the SD card again it showed up as corrupted.
- I tried formatting it using the android function a few times with no change after the action.
- I plugged it into my windows 10 computer with an SD card adapter, and it works on my computer.
- I still tried using CHKDSK to fix the drive(when I did the cmd program came back to tell me the drive had no issues), but my phone still says the card is corrupted.
- I tried deleting all the data off the Micro Sd card using my computer- still doesn't work.
- When I used windows to try and format it I got the "Windows was unable to complete the format".
Still won't work on my phone
I don't care about the data on the Micro-SD Card at this point, I just want to be able to use it.
Do you have any possible solutions?
Micro-SD Card: https://s8.postimg.org/6v3ooe72t/IMG_20171124_124912.jpg
Edited by superking75, 24 November 2017 - 01:43 PM.