Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to cast my screen to tv

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 resa83

resa83

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:13 PM

I've read a little about Chromecast being able to do what I'm looking for however only certain apps are supported. Is there any other devices i could use to cast my other screen to my TV whether it's a game or movie. I don't have a smart TV. I'd also prefer a device that won't require WiFi like Chromecast if possible. If it helps at all to mention this..... My TV only shows hdmi ports and a round thing on back for something to connect to. Using older flat screen TV to. (Until i can upgrade)
Thanks in advance.
Using zte blade spark phone with 7.1.1 OS
Using 7.1.1 os Android

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:18 AM

You can buy certain Adapters that plug into the TV Usb / Hdmi etc.  5 Ways to Screen Mirror Android Phone to TV for Free - YouTube

I have a WDTV Live Media { $ 130 }  and HTC M7 Android all connected on my Network Via  - Wireless.

No issue with the HTC using Settings - Media Output and Miracast to Display it on a Panasonic 42" Viera.

I also use the WDTV Live Media Box to play Photos / Video / Movie Content from my Laptop via my Wireless Network.

You say you have an Older TV with HDMI you could have a look at this Youtube link 

To do what you want without wireless or extra hardware may be an issue but you could keep Googling for your type of setup.

Im not up to date with all scenarios but i use what i have and purchased and have no issues , hope this helps somewhat.

Edited by Havachat, 26 November 2017 - 01:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users