Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Usb Device Not Recognised

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bg fun_*

Guest_bg fun_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:43 PM

I recently obtained a USB 2.0 4-port hub. But Windows XP Home SP2 refuses to recognise it. I've tried plugging it in all the ports in the back of my computer, yet nothing seems to work. I need it quite desperately. What can I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:24 PM

By upgrade, do you mean that this is a new computer?

Do other devices work with those USB ports?

Open your device manager and see if there are any yellow or red warning icons, especially in the USB section.

Take notice of what they are called.
The word "enhanced" or 2.0 must be in the description for them to be 2.0.

If there are warning icons, delete the USB hubs or controllers that have the warning icons, reboot and let Windows find and reinstall them.

When it comes to it check "Let Windows use Windows Update to find the drivers" or something to that effect.

Let us know.

Edited by Enthusiast, 24 September 2006 - 08:26 PM.

#3 Guest_bg fun_*

Guest_bg fun_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:26 PM

I tried deleting and re-installing, but it still doesn't recognise the device, even if it has installed it.

#4 Temo

Temo

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:07 PM

Okay... HOW MANY USBS ports are you currently using?

I mean... how many usb cables are connect to the computer?

If I connect my External HardDrive, Thumb Drive, and my Wireless mouse Thingy the last one to get connected seems to not be found or just can't be correctly detected

Okay... HOW MANY USBS ports are you currently using?

I mean... how many usb cables are connect to the computer?

If I connect my External HardDrive, Thumb Drive, and my Wireless mouse Thingy the last one to get connected seems to not be found or just can't be correctly detected
The biggest pain in this world is Debuging!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users