Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble finding Win7 Ent .iso and understanding KMS/Volume Licensing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 germansuplex

germansuplex

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:39 PM

I need a Win7 Enterprise .iso to setup a VM for imaging purposes. We get our PCs imaged from a 3rd party vendor, so Win 7 boot media is inaccessible.

I tried downloading the .iso from MS (Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)) but it didn't take the KMS key (I guess I don't fully understand how KMS/Enterprise licensing works) and referred me to the Volume Licensing Service Center. This option required an account which I don't have.

TL;DR: Need a Windows 7 Enterprise.iso, and am not sure how to get one. I am also not sure how KMS/Enterprise licensing works. (Do we have a KMS server that communicates to devices once they're in the domain?)

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:01 AM

The KMS tool is routinely used for illegal, unauthorized installs of Microsoft products.

Such installs are in violation of BC Forum Rules.  Excerpt:  "No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

Any legitimate questions that members have about Microsoft products, licensing, and such...to include acquiring versions...should be directed to Microsoft, since such concern rights that are clearly the province of Microsoft.

Louis

#3 germansuplex

germansuplex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:34 AM

I'm not aware of how KMS works. That's part of my question: How does KMS/Volume licensing work?

And how can I obtain a Windows 7 Enterprise.iso if the MS download portal doesn't provide this version.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:05 PM

I repeat...those are questions best answered by Microsoft.  They have a website and tons of documentation and personnel...where the sole purpose of all that is to provide support for their products.  Windows is one of those products.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users