Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Happy Birthday Mike_Walsh

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:48 PM

Happy birthday Mike, now wheres the beer and I dont mean that warm stuff poms drink.

318d48d05b4d657d934f52bd65309c4e--funny-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE! :birthday:

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer."

(Mark Twain)

"Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something."

(Thomas Edison)

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

Happy Birthday! 

#4 AnythingButMalware

AnythingButMalware

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

Happy Birthday! 

Have you tried turning it off and back on? :P

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,808 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

Happy Birthday to you !!
Top 5 things that never get done:

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:00 PM

Happy Birthday .....hope its a truly happy one !

Brian

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

Obviously with increasing age comes an increase in generosity of spirit !  I wondered why he was being nice to Al1000.

Al's right, actually, y'know.

From -  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/663540/cleaning-up-my-gnupg-mess/

But Happy Birthday anyway !

Chris Cosgrove

#8 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

Mike, cheers on your birthday!  :smilers:

#9 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:18 AM

Have a Great Day ...Mike.

Enjoy another one Completed , and look forward to the next.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

Happy Birthday ... Mike!!!!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:22 AM

Mike,  :birthday:

Hope that you have many more to come & I wish you a very happy B-Day! :)

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#12 Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh

Bleepin' 'Puppy' nut..!!

• Members
  • 1,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:07 AM

Well; I don't quite know what to say.....except for

Thanks, everyone!

(It wasn't what I'd envisaged; yesterday & the day before I was ferrying Mama to and from hospital. No major problem.....she was having a pacemaker fitted. Something's that's needed doing for a long time.....)

The best present is that everything went fine; she was in good hands, as she was at Papworth Hospital, where the UK's first heart transplant was carried out. The Duke of Edinburgh himself underwent the same procedure a couple of years ago, at Papworth, that I underwent back in March. And their longest-surviving success story has just celebrated her 35th 'anniversary'!

Happy birthday Mike, now wheres the beer and I dont mean that warm stuff poms drink.

You obviously have no appreciation for real ale, do ya??  :lol: :P

Hell, if the guys at CAMRA (the CAMpaign for Real Ale) heard you, they'd string you up from the nearest tree branch.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Sotto voce: You have no idea just how militant some of our 'micro-brewers' can get, mate, I tell ya...) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, all.

Mike. :thumbup2: :wink:

Edited by Mike_Walsh, 24 November 2017 - 01:49 PM.

Distros:- Multiple 'Puppies'..... and Anti-X 16.1

My Puppy BLOG ~~~  My Puppy PACKAGES

Compaq Presario SR1916UK; Athlon64 X2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, WD 500GB Caviar 'Blue', 32GB Kingspec PATA SSD, 3 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics, Dell 15.1" pNp monitor (1024 x 768), TP-Link PCI-e USB 3.0 card, Logitech c920 HD Pro webcam, self-powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub

Dell Inspiron 1100; 2.6 GHz 400FSB P4, 1.5 GB RAM, 64GB KingSpec IDE SSD, Intel 'Extreme' graphics, 500GB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, M$ HD-3000 'Lifecam'.

KXhaWqy.gifFQ8nrJ3.gif

#13 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• Topic Starter

• 13,854 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

Hi

Glad to hear your mother is OK, now lets get back to this warm beer thing, did you know that before we allow Englishmen into Australia they have to prove they like our beer by drinking it from  wait for it........................ The fridge?

#14 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:48 PM

Mike<

Great news about your Mum, I'm sure she felt great joy to have enjoyed your day too!

Hmmmmm.....about Nick and beer.....I think this is what we would find in his office!

xxxxgoldnickau.jpg

:lmao:

#15 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:30 AM

softeyes, that's close to what our 2nd fridge looked like in real life! :thumbsup:

Had a shop in the backyard, was literally given a like new $1,000 side-by-side fridge for $100 (I had to move it, which knocked $50 off of the $150 asking price). The top & middle shelves each stayed packed with 30 24oz cans (same as 5 cases) of Bud Ice, plus room on the bottom for two 12 packs & some bottled water or soda for friends. Used the small freezer for what wouldn't fit in the kitchen, usually cookout food. :)

I'd normally also keep some beer that hadn't been refrigerated yet in the spare bedroom & rotate out. 

BTW, if I ran down to the last 12 pack, especially on a Sunday when beer sales wasn't allowed until 12PM, no one wanted to be near me, unless I slept in, an unusual for me, as I could get by with only 2-3 hours per day & did for weeks at a time. So if my wife or stepsons knew on Saturday night I was running close, would run out & grab a dozen 24 ounce cans (or two 12 packs) to keep the peace. :P

Mike, hope you enjoyed your birthday & have many more to follow! :thumbsup:

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users