Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UAC allow this program screen showing blank box and buttons

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 don wolfani

don wolfani

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

whenever something triggers the "allow this program to make changes" confirmation box, it just shows the box with buttons, that both have no words displayed on them.     have tried searching online but have not seen this issue mentioned.    is there a known fix to this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:20 AM

The UAC (User Account Control) recognizes that a program is trying to be installed and wants to make sure you are aware of this and if you wish to allow these changes.  This generally occur when using an Administrator account.

You can try changing the account settings.  

There are four settings:

1. Always notify me.

2. Notify me when apps try to make changes to my computer.

3. Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer.

4. Never notify me.

To make changes you will need to access the User Accounts.  To access the User Accounts do the following.

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the R key to open the Run box.

Type or copy and paste msconfig in the Run box, then click/tap OK

When System Configuration opens click/tap the Tools tab.

Under Tool name click/tap Change UAC Settings, then click/tap the Launch button.

You will now see the UAC  Control Settings.  You can click/tap on the slide bar to move it up or down to change the level of the settings.

There is a security issue which needs to be recognized if you lower the settings.  The UAC alerts you to any programs that might be trying to change your computer, including viruses and malware links you may have accidentally clicked on. If you disable the UAC completely and you're using an administrator account, any program that runs on your computer, including viruses and malware, will automatically have access to make changes to your PC.  For this reason it is not a good idea to turn off the UAC.  You can try the lower level settings to see if this helps.  You may want to try using a regular user account apposed to a admin. account.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 don wolfani

don wolfani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:03 AM

The UAC (User Account Control) recognizes that a program is trying to be installed and wants to make sure you are aware of this and if you wish to allow these changes.  This generally occur when using an Administrator account.

You can try changing the account settings.  

There are four settings:

1. Always notify me.

2. Notify me when apps try to make changes to my computer.

3. Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer.

4. Never notify me.

To make changes you will need to access the User Accounts.  To access the User Accounts do the following.

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the R key to open the Run box.

Type or copy and paste msconfig in the Run box, then click/tap OK

When System Configuration opens click/tap the Tools tab.

Under Tool name click/tap Change UAC Settings, then click/tap the Launch button.

You will now see the UAC  Control Settings.  You can click/tap on the slide bar to move it up or down to change the level of the settings.

There is a security issue which needs to be recognized if you lower the settings.  The UAC alerts you to any programs that might be trying to change your computer, including viruses and malware links you may have accidentally clicked on. If you disable the UAC completely and you're using an administrator account, any program that runs on your computer, including viruses and malware, will automatically have access to make changes to your PC.  For this reason it is not a good idea to turn off the UAC.  You can try the lower level settings to see if this helps.  You may want to try using a regular user account apposed to a admin. account.

I already have this information.  have already changed settings to see if it fixes the issue and it does not make any of the words appear in the box or buttons when it pops up the window you are talking about.  please read the question carefully

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

Make a screenshot and post it in your topic.  I can only go by what you posted which was is rather short on description.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options.

posting-options1.png

When you click on More Relpy Options you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

posting-options2.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users