Jump to content
Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:13 AM
Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:13 AM
Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:
Report Set #1) Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be experiencing BSOD's) so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum) http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
If you have problems with it running it, there's an alternate tool here (direct download link): https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR or other compression utilities.
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.
Report Set #2) Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
The Event ID 41 error is simply Windows saying that it doesn't know why it shutdown.
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users