Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mac or Windows for photoedit?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AndyLast

AndyLast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:01 AM

Hi gues , i have a question. What operating system do you use to edit your photos? What are the pros or cons of using an OS?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:11 PM

Historically the Mac OS was preferred because originally Adobe Photoshop was only available on the MAC and Photoshop was, certainly at the time, the image editing software.

Today the OS is less important because Photoshop was ported to the Windows OS a long time ago. It is still a very good, if expensive, editing suite and there are a number of highly competitive rivals such as the products by Serif and the free software Gimp which runs on Windows and Linux, I don't know if it is available on the MacOS.

If you are asking which OS is better for editing images, as much as anything it is a matter of personal familiarity and experience. I am not going to get into the eternal discussion of which is better - Mac or Windows !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Neil_Hines

Neil_Hines

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:09 AM

I'm using Adobe Photoshop for photo editing on my Windows 10 and it is the best software for photo editing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users