Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

0xc000000e

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cybrex

Cybrex

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:50 AM

So sunday I went to restart my computer and it held on the splash screen so I did a reboot again and came up with the error message in the subject line.

I've attempted this (easy fix) and did nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BSsfCbb9po

Also tried this one and when entering in the second command it says "Accessed Denied"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0jeNxkJqXI

Windows Repair tool didn't find anything wrong either.

The only change I've done recently is I upgraded my video card which was last week and its been working fine since. I've used it with PUBG and Star Wars Battlefront 2 with no issues. I did a clean uninstall of all drivers (AMD card and now using a GeForce Card).

AMD FX 8350 8core 4Ghz
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gigs
256 Samsung SSD
2 back up drives 3Tbytes in total.
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070Ti
Windows 10 64

If you're wondering why such a video card with old hardware its because I upgrade bit by bit. Everything else could still run things but my vid card no longer could but I do plan on upgrading the rest of the parts over the next couple of months.

Being I'm not the computer guru I wish I could be my only idea to resolving this (and might possibly be an extreme measure) is to partition the space still left on my main drive, instead windows onto that (Considering going back to Win 7?) then boot with that, remove all the things off the other partition that I need to keep and the format the drive and do a clean install eliminating all possible issues at that point....

I have also gone ahead and tried all these steps as well and I've attached pictures

http://www.officialtechsupport.com/fix-boot-error-0xc00...

Here are some pics I took of what happened when I attempted to follow the instructions...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cxIIEjhyoTGpK3-mNuooL...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R99Bz8LT5G_L8FWP2kCWb...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bQ_PPD2TC6ui9nqFwmZxJ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:03 AM

I would hold off on deleting partitions.  The System Reserved partition holds the Boot Manager code and the Boot Configuration Database.  It also reserves space for the startup files required by the BitLockerDrive Encryptionion feature.  This partition usually is between 100MB - 300MB in size.  If you manage to remove this you will no longer be able to boot into Windows.

Please do the following.

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the R key together to open the Run box.

In the Run box copy and paste cmd (Admin), then click/top OK this will open the Elevated Command Prompt.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste the three commands below one at a time, press Enter after each command.

Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

You should see the following.

Scanning all disks for Windows installations.

This may take a while, please do not stop the scan.

If this was successful you will receive the following message.

Successfully scanned Windows installations.
Total identified Windows installations: 0
The operation completed successfully.

Edited by dc3, 21 November 2017 - 11:08 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Cybrex

Cybrex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

Good morning Bleeping Tree Hugger,

Thank you for the response.  I just wanted to confirm that you'd like me to do this in the windows installation screen as I am unable to boot into Windows at this point in time due to the error message.  If thats the case then I will give this a go when I get home tonight!

Oh, and since I'm horrible at explaining what I'm thinking I just wanted to clarify that what I meant was I believe I still have 30 gigs available space on the drive.  Was intending on setting that as a new partition to install a new copy of Windows at which point I'd remove all my things from the old drive and then just completely format everything back to a single drive.  Sorry. :)

Thank you!

Edited by Cybrex, 21 November 2017 - 11:34 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:21 PM

According to the Command Prompt message you entered the following command dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth, it appears that you didn't use the spaces that separate the parts of this command.  The command should look like this... dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Edited by dc3, 21 November 2017 - 01:21 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Cybrex

Cybrex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:43 PM

I would hold off on deleting partitions.  The System Reserved partition holds the Boot Manager code and the Boot Configuration Database.  It also reserves space for the startup files required by the BitLockerDrive Encryptionion feature.  This partition usually is between 100MB - 300MB in size.  If you manage to remove this you will no longer be able to boot into Windows.

Please do the following.

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the R key together to open the Run box.

In the Run box copy and paste cmd (Admin), then click/top OK this will open the Elevated Command Prompt.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste the three commands below one at a time, press Enter after each command.

Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

You should see the following.

Scanning all disks for Windows installations.

This may take a while, please do not stop the scan.

If this was successful you will receive the following message.

Successfully scanned Windows installations.
Total identified Windows installations: 0
The operation completed successfully.

Good evening Tree Hugger.  I attempted to do this but when in the windows cd screen the windows key + R do not seem to do anything, also typing in cmd (admin) into the Command Promt screen did not change either.  I've attached further images including the screen that I continue to stop at when starting up the computer which I never make it to windows itself.  I also attached an image of what happened after attempting the dism command line as well.  I hope this is able to help further.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i1wocNE9nLtAlEZBwV8dzhLfrQf19BnR

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WIM1gS-oXd-8q5y7B-reb_ASzY0Au8dC

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18MvYBO-97kbefAfKBBe5vC5HGBhKPtPk

Thank you for all your help!

Edited by Cybrex, 21 November 2017 - 08:44 PM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:19 AM

Please don't quote my posts, this is a waste of time and bandwidth.

You need to create Windows 10 installation media to run a repair of this computer.  You can use the Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media for a disc or flash drive.

There are three options, use the second option Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC.

Follow the instructions to create the installation media.

In order to boot from this media you will need to access the BIOS and change the boot order so that the media is the first device in the boot order and the ssd/hdd is the second device.  You will need to press the F10 key to save these changes. 

Using a disc:  To boot from a installation disc the first device in the boot order would be the DVD-ROM.

Using a flash drive:  To boot from a flash drive you will need to to select a USB for the first device.

You will need to boot from your installation media to run a repair. Insert the installation media, turn off the computer. Start the computer to boot from the installation media. You will see a page with the message Press any key to continue, I like the space bar for this.

You will need to select your language settings, then click on Next.

In the recovery options select Repair your computer.

#7 Cybrex

Cybrex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:23 PM

Good evening Tree Hugger. 

Sorry about the quoting.  I have been using the USB Media Installation to attempt in resolving the issue.  When I had tried the Repair Your Computer it stated there was nothing to repair. 

During the DISM attempts I continued to received the Error: 50 which I found this Fix for it and it too failed to resolve the issue https://appuals.com/error-50-dism-does-not-support-servicing-windows-pe-with-the-online-option/

I also learned that Shift+F10 is to also take you into Admn CMD SE and not the PE I kept getting (as Windows Key+R were not working for me).

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

This needs to be run using an Administrator account.  

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the R key to open the Run box.

Type cmd in the Run box, press the following keys together to run the Command Prompt as an administrator.

Shift, Ctrl, Enter

Copy and paste the command below in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.

dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users